Thursday, May 29, 2008

August 16, 1607

St Croix Island

I have been on this voyage with Sieur de Mont who has been leading our expedition for a while now. We sailed across the Atlantic and we have explored the St Croix Island. They originally chose me to be their geographer and historian on this journey and I drew so many maps with detailed pieces of land we discovered. I am enjoying the new land with our city, Quebec. Quebec is a true sight, with the three main tall forts and others around. I call this place Habitation. We also have a grand, 15 ft wide moat, which I hope to use for more fur trade routes here in Quebec. I have big hopes for Quebec, I feel that this will be the place where I can really be noticed as a trader. Thus far I have only been known as Sieur de Mont’s lieutenant—although some good has come from it. We both share similar goals in this journey: to establish French fur trading colonies that will bloom into permanent settlements like Tadoussac.

Construction on Habitation

No comments: