Thursday, May 29, 2008

April 6, 1607


Natives Trading-


I have endured an arduous journey for nearly four years now, and I am finally able to say that I am going back to my native land, France. I am bursting though with pride and so many stories that I will tell my king. I wish to gain his respect and have him admire me along with Sieur de Mont. I have created many detailed maps of the Canadian coast I also intend to show along with my other accomplishments. In fact, I have formulated a new idea for establishing a new trading post on the St Lawrence River because I believe it will be very helpful to us if we could conquer some new land, and sell European goods to the natives. This way, they could be useful to us in return. Habitation has been on my mind, because I realized what an accomplishment it has been and hope to start up a settlement like it. The path to success may have been long and difficult, but my reward will be there for me when I return to France. I hope that even if I leave the Habitation to create a new settlement, it can still grow without me.

Champlain's Travels

No comments: